Monday, August 8, 2011

Remodeling

  I love remodeling-redecorating! Like they say 'Out with the old, in with the new!' We have just moved from South Dakota to Missouri so our house is just waiting for that special touch to make it into a home! For years now I have been collecting wall paper and border waiting for just the right room to use it in.
 A few months ago my husband had to work out of town and I told myself I would find a project to occupy my time instead of pining for him! My laundry room was the perfect place to start. It is small, only 4'x8' and in desparate need of a woman's touch....with a white washer and dryer with stark white walls....color was needed!!! With the help of my children I painted the walls Highland Dales (which I would liken to a dark chocolate milkshake color).  Now to add the border and some decore'. I even changed the position of the washer and dryer...instead of having one in each corner facing out I angled them diagonally from each corner not only making them easier to access but also giving it a nicer look.
  The laundry room is located right off of our family room...so when I sit on our couch I can see it out of the corner of my eye. I had been running errands one day and came in and just sat down for a moment to catch my breath. As I was looking at the room and thinking of the time I spent fixing it up God brought something to mind. Just as I enjoy decorating or redecorating or remodeling so God likes to do that in our lives and hearts. Sometimes it is necessary for Him to show us things we need to get rid of as shown in Hebrews 12:1 'Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.' It isn't always easy...in fact quite the contrary. But if we allow the Lord to do the remodelling in our hearts it will be well worth it! And as my laundry room brings me satisfaction of a job well done and is pleasant to look at (for me) so we will be to the Lord! 'For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.' Ephesians 2:10

1 comment:

  1. I need some spiritual redecorating from above. Lord willing, I won't have to wait too long! God's time is always right. :)

    ReplyDelete